Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Purpose of this blog.

I wanted to start with my purpose of this blog as my first post.  Each year my husband and I go away at least for the day to celebrate of Anniversary.  This year we had a large weekend trip planned but some things came up in our life that made us change direction and cancel our trip.  We still wanted to do something fun together and not spend to much money.  I am extremely thankful we live in an area that many awesome things are just a day trip away like Washington D.C. Manhattan, Gettysburg, Skyline Drive, and much much more.  We have big cities, small towns, lots of history, great hiking spots, and some unusual spots along the way.  But each year it gets harder to find somewhere we have not been or seen before since both of us have been born and raised here our whole life.  So I was searching for a website with local lore and the results are just overwhelming.  It would take hours to just sort through websites that offer one thing or have so many links for hotel stays and so on.  If you look up a particular location you can find stuff but what if you are still in the planning stages and do not have particular location so I am hoping to share my knowledge of the area and encourage you to share yours as well so that maybe you can find something new to do in your own backyard and maybe I can find somewhere new to me too! 

If you would like a chance to guest post to my blog, please email me your day trip with name and location (can be just state if you want to keep privacy) to ssjb33.sl@gmail.com and I will select some to share.

Also if you are looking for lodging, rentals, or any package deals check out the link on the bottom of this page.  My cousin is a travel agent and would love to help you make the most of your vacation.

 

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart" Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment